The Professional Developers’ Program “In Brief”
Program In Brief
We believe in the fundamental importance of accepting Leadership as a profound responsibility and sacred trust to those we lead – not by title or authoritative use of power – but by developing the right Mindset and Commitment to be a good Leader. We believe that the development of Character, Core Virtues, and Values are foundational. This must precede all other forms of Leadership Development and capacity building. Conversations about the Character of a Leader are fundamental and should trump all other behavioral diagnostics or personality assessments.
Beyond the development of Character and Commitment, GAPLD then promotes a progressive, “inside-out” approach to the growth of leadership competencies as they emerge in ever-increasing demand and complexity at every stage of a Leader’s career:
- Self-Awareness, Self-Organization, Effective Leadership Communication Skills, the Science of Influence and Self-Motivation, and Positive Psychology
- Added development of Emotional Intelligence, higher level Cognitive/Thinking and Decision-Making Skills, and Thinking Strategically
- Team building, Effective Meeting Management, Effective Employee Coaching and Engagement, Trust Building, Alignment and Management of Accountabilities, etc.
- Strategy and Planning, Culture, Talent Succession, Risk Management, Stakeholder Engagement, and Governance
- through Enhanced Leadership Ethics, Conscious Capitalism, and greater Social Responsibility
- Strategic Community Alliances and Co-Investments, Environmental Stewardship, Social Enterprise Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, and other forms of Ethical and Moral Leadership.
As A First Step In Joining Our Profession, Send Us A Note
As a first step, GAPLD requires potential candidates to submit a personal Biography and Letter of Application explaining his/her background, leadership experiences, and proof of pre-qualifying credentials from other professional certifications or background university degrees with training in leadership studies.